We stress teamwork in everything we do. While individual creativity is always encouraged, we have found that team effort often produces the best results. The dedication of our people to the client and the intense effort they give their jobs are greater than one finds in most other organizations. We think that is an important part of our success.
As President and Co‐Founder of HM Capital Management, Matt is primarily responsible for the overall strategic direction of the Firm and oversight of Institutional and Family Advisory Clients.
- Matt has over 25 years of investment advisory experience and was Senior Vice President–Institutional Consulting at Wachovia Securities prior to establishing HM Capital Management. Prior to entering the investment advisory industry, Matt was Vice President in the corporate banking departments of Mark Twain Banks and Boatmen’s Banks.
- Matt earned his BSBA from Creighton University with an emphasis in Accounting and Finance.
- As a DALBAR Registered Fiduciary (RF™), Matt has met the highest fiduciary standard in the industry.
- Matt is a long-standing member of the Investments & Wealth Institute, formerly Investment Management Consultants Association ® (IMCA).
- Matt has been very active in the community, having served on numerous boards including the Development Board of Children’s Hospital (member of the finance committee), St. Louis County Highway & Traffic Commission, Kilo Foundation and St. Patrick Center.
- Matt and his wife Mary have four children, Colin, Cady, Cameron and Chloe.
As Executive Vice President, Institutional Consulting Services and Co-Founder of HM Capital Management, Maribeth is responsible for leading the Institutional Consulting team.
- Maribeth has over 15 years of institutional consulting experience and serves as the lead relationship manager for many of HM Capital Management’s most complex relationships.
- Maribeth earned her BSBA from Saint Louis University with an emphasis in Finance and Marketing.
- Maribeth earned her Retirement Plans Associate (RPA) designation through the Certified Employee Benefit Specialist Program, a joint program of the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans and the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Maribeth served as a St. Louis CEBS Chapter board member for 10 years. Maribeth is currently an active member of the St. Louis CEBS Chapter.
- Maribeth is a member of the Cor Jesu Academy Endowment Committee.
- Maribeth and her husband Dan have two children, Samantha and Patrick.
As Executive Vice President, Family Advisory Services, and Co-Founder of HM Capital Management, Karen is responsible for coordinating the financial affairs of our family office clients.
- Karen has over 23 years of family advisory experience and serves as a relationship manager for HMCM’s Family Advisory clients. Karen oversees the development, review and adherence of comprehensive financial plans for our Family Advisory clients.
- In addition, as Chief Compliance Officer Karen manages and monitors the day-to-day risks of our organization.
- Karen earned her BSBA from Rockhurst University with an emphasis in Marketing.
- Karen is a long-standing member of the Investment Management Consultants Association ® (IMCA).
- Karen earned her Certified Private Wealth Advisor℠ (CPWA®) designation through the Investment Management Consultants Association and the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business.
- Karen and her husband John have three children, Abby, Jack, and Zachary.
As Executive Vice President, Ben is primarily responsible for the day-to-day management of HM Capital Management. Additionally, Ben is responsible for managing the Family Advisory team and investment management of client portfolios.
- Ben is a Certified Public Accountant. In addition, he has achieved the Personal Financial Specialist and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certifications. The AICPA’s Personal Financial Specialist credential is granted exclusively to CPAs with the combination of extensive tax expertise and comprehensive knowledge of financial planning.
- Ben earned his BS in Accounting and Master of Accounting degrees from the University of Kansas.
- In 2018, Ben received the Standing Ovation award by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Division.
- In 2017, Ben was named one of the Top Next-Generation Wealth Advisors by Forbes/SHOOK.
- Ben has been quoted by several publications including Bloomberg, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Yahoo Finance, U.S. News, Investment News, Financial Advisor Magazine, TheStreet, The Penny Hoarder, MSN Money, and Think Advisor.
- Ben was quoted in the book “Millionaire Expat: How to Build Wealth Living Overseas” by Andrew Hallam.
- Ben is a member of The Investments & Wealth Institute™ and American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
- Prior to joining HM Capital Management, Ben worked in the tax department of Deloitte, LLP.
- Ben and his wife Michelle have three children, Brooklyn, Kyle, and Ashley.
As Senior Vice President, Institutional Consulting Services, Caroline serves as a relationship manager for HM Capital Management’s institutional clients.
- Caroline has over 17 years of institutional consulting experience.
- In addition to serving the daily needs of clients, her responsibilities include investment and fund performance analysis, fee analysis, full plan reviews, manager search and selection including ongoing due diligence and evaluation, and preparation of customized client performance reports.
- Caroline earned her BSBA and MBA from Saint Louis University with an emphasis in Finance and Marketing.
- Caroline earned her Qualified 401(k) Plan Administrator designation through the American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries and the American Retirement Association.
- As a DALBAR Registered Fiduciary (RF TM) Caroline has met the highest fiduciary standard in the industry.
- Caroline and her husband Vince have two children, Catherine and Henry.
As Assistant Vice President, Institutional Consulting Services, Kathy serves as a relationship manager for HM Capital Management’s institutional clients.
- Prior to joining HM Capital Management in 2016, Kathy worked as an Audit Supervisor for Brown Smith Wallace LLP. Kathy has over 5 years of employee benefit plan auditing experience.
- In addition to serving the daily needs of clients, Kathy’s responsibilities include investment and fund performance analysis, all-in fee analysis, full plan reviews, manager search and selection including ongoing due diligence and evaluation, and preparation of customized client performance reports.
- Kathy earned her BS in Economics degree from Truman State University and Master of Accounting degree from Washington University in St. Louis.
- Kathy is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and is a member of the Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA) and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
As Assistant Vice President, Rebecca is responsible for assisting with Family Advisory and Institutional Consulting clients, as well as monitoring client investment portfolios.
- Rebecca has achieved her Certified Public Accountant certification and is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). In addition, she has achieved the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification.
- Rebecca earned her Bachelor of Accountancy degree from Lindenwood University.
- Prior to joining HM Capital Management, Rebecca worked in the tax department of Botz, Deal, & Co.
- Rebecca is on the Professional outreach committee with the Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants (MOCPA).
- Rebecca and her husband Joe have three dogs, Toby, Lucy, and Frank.
As Advisor Services Associate, Jake assists advisors in the office with operations related tasks and functions.
- Prior to joining HM Capital Management, Jake worked at Wells Fargo Advisors in the Corporate Actions department and at Buckingham Strategic Wealth as a Client Relationship Specialist.
- Jake attended Southern Illinois University in Edwardsville, Il.
- Jake lives in St. Louis with his wife, Courtney.
Elizabeth Petty is the Office Manager for HM Capital Management. She brings over 15 years of experience in office services. Elizabeth utilizes this intensive background to support the HMCM team and oversee the day-to-day operations of the firm.
- Elizabeth lives in University City with her husband and two sons.
- With her free time she volunteers at their children’s schools and with Stray Rescue.
- They have two dogs who were rescued through the organization.